Once your website is branded up and you have some content on the the pages, you’re ready to launch your new recruitment website!
We recommend you at least have some SEO-friendly home page content, a jobs page and your ‘contact us’ page on your website before you go live.
You can find everything you need to know to add content to your Firefish website in this guide.
7 steps to going live with your template website
1. Once your content is ready, send your domain URL to your onboarding coach and agree a date to change DNS settings.
2. Update your DNS settings for your new website.
Once you’ve updated your DNS, your website will redirect to the temporary URL you log in with when displaying your new site.
3. The following Thursday (we’ll give you a minimum 3 days’ notice), we’ll install your SSL certificate and move your domain back to your own live domain. This will happen out of office hours so it doesn’t impact your day.
The SSL certificate is important because this is what secures your website and makes it safe to process personal data through your website.
4. You should then update your email add-in URL to match your live domain URL as soon as possible to allow the email add-in to work.
5. You can then set up Google for Jobs so you gain maximum reach on all the jobs you have live on your jobs pages.
6. Next, we recommend you bulk email your candidates, encouraging them to re-register their personal info to connect up their brand new candidate portal.
7. Shout from the rooftops about your new website and candidate portal!